Monday, March 21, 2011

Raising boys

Having two boys (or three if you count my husband) has been a wonderful journey so far...tiring...but interesting and exciting to say the least.  As my first born started his academic career last year in JK I started becoming more and more interested in how boys learn, how our school systems are setting them up for success/failure etc and how we as parents can ensure they develop a thirst for learning.  I recently came across a great website for parents/teachers/mentors of boys.

mentoring_boys_logo.jpg

This site features Canadian info which is great and provides many interesting articles/info about how to mentor boys to become caring, courageous and ethical men. 

I have subscribed to their free newsletter and plan to buy the book at some point.  Let me know what you think if you check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment